VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: installation error  (Read 1558 times)

sofas

installation error
« on: February 27, 2009, 01:08:15 am »

Hi

I'm a newb installing vector for the first time - vl6.0-std-gold - and everything worked very well during installation until I reached system configuration, where I get an error message and have to quit:
[-1]bad index
FrmLiloSetup.?.0

Any advice most gratefully received!

Thanks

Dave

sofas

Re: installation error
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 02:05:47 am »

Hi

just to let you know I tried typing 'linux' to use the text installer and it all worked without a hitch, so I'm up and running now - so perhaps there's a little glitch in the GUI installer?

Best wishes

Dave

kidd

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 04:02:36 am »

Hey!

I haven't found any issues with graphical installer, but being our first version of gui installer, it's possible it still has some glitches.

text installer is our well tested installed that's been around for years.

Anyway, welcome to VL!

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 08:08:34 am »

Hi

I'm a newb installing vector for the first time - vl6.0-std-gold - and everything worked very well during installation until I reached system configuration, where I get an error message and have to quit:
[-1]bad index
FrmLiloSetup.?.0

Any advice most gratefully received!

Thanks

Dave

Yeah.. this is definitely a glitch in the gui installer's code.

Did you have any other Linux installed that you're dual booting with VL or is VL the sole OS on your system?

sofas

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 06:38:08 am »

Hi

thank you for your replies. To answer your question, Vector is the only OS on my machine (an HP Easy One laptop). I formatted the hd as part of the installation.

Best wishes

Dave S