VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Hail all  (Read 1955 times)

MDKerr

Hail all
« on: February 27, 2009, 08:12:19 am »

Heya folks,

I am a geek but seriously out of practice with much of the unix world. Thanks to Ubuntu, I am back in the game or at the very least watching with one foot on the court.

I am looking forward to many tidbits of info via these forums as well as the irc room.

Be well.

kc1di

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16
Re: Hail all
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 09:33:04 am »

Welcome aboard MDKerr

hope you give Vector a serious try out and enjoy the efforts of the group here.
Cheers!
Dave
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 09:34:39 am by kc1di »
Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608

kidd

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 09:35:01 am »

Welcome aboard Hail all

Lol :D

Welcome MDKerr.

We'll see @ IRC

kc1di

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 10:18:25 am »

Welcome aboard Hail all

Lol :D

Welcome MDKerr.

We'll see @ IRC

Hey kidd you must have caught that one just as i posted  :D
home today sick with the flu  >:(
Dave

kidd

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 04:21:24 pm »

home today sick with the flu  >:(

Hope you get better soon.

EyesOnly

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 09:04:36 am »

Welcome aboard indeed MDKerr! And do give VectorLinux, either 6.0 Standard, or the Light Edition, a good try-out on your computer as I think you'll enjoy one or the other---or like me, BOTH! ;) I know... talk about "over-kill" on one hard drive, eh? I make up for it though by having Mepis-8.0 on another partition. hehe! ( But my favourite is 5.9 Light! )

Hey Dave? Get well soon and if possible, go see a doc. I'm here in Maine as well and this flu bug that's making the rounds here is nothing to fool around with my friend, believe me. Ends up usually as a wicked case of Sinusitis, which my family has been battling the past two months. :( Good luck Dave and get well soon!

Amicalement/Cheers!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
"We never know just how much a kind word, or a gesture, will lift the spirits of a friend, or person, in need and heal them." (jimmymac)

kc1di

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 09:49:07 am »

Welcome aboard indeed MDKerr! And do give VectorLinux, either 6.0 Standard, or the Light Edition, a good try-out on your computer as I think you'll enjoy one or the other---or like me, BOTH! ;) I know... talk about "over-kill" on one hard drive, eh? I make up for it though by having Mepis-8.0 on another partition. hehe! ( But my favourite is 5.9 Light! )

Hey Dave? Get well soon and if possible, go see a doc. I'm here in Maine as well and this flu bug that's making the rounds here is nothing to fool around with my friend, believe me. Ends up usually as a wicked case of Sinusitis, which my family has been battling the past two months. :( Good luck Dave and get well soon!

Amicalement/Cheers!

Thanks for the get well wishes , feel a bit better today.. went the Doctors on Tues.  He said I had a particular virsus that last about 7 to 10 days.  grin and bear , but it sure wipes you out for a few.
Dave

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
Dave