VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 12:06:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vl6 fluxbox and packages  (Read 3398 times)
caitlyn
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 04:09:26 pm »

We probably have a dozen WMs without a Start button in the VL6 repositories.  You should use what you like.

eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
CentOS 6.5 (will try VL64-7.1 soon)

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727,  Intel Pentium T2080 / 1.73 GHz, 2GB RAM, Intel GMA 950

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video, VL 7.1
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 04:27:46 pm »

yes...and shut-up about it ...I know...I did try all the fluxbox distros and ended up here and got so use to the setup that I am lost now attempting to recreate it...it is time to stop fiddleing and use what is available that works..vl6 with xfce works great. I find it less innovative in general but looks and works fine so far..sorry for the lament

all this is personal which I should not be mentioning..sorry

cheers

Everything Is Relative
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 06:05:53 pm »

You can remove the "Start" button from the Panel. You get the same menu by right-clicking on the desktop. You can use full width or "normal" width (less wide) for the Panel, put it on any edge of the screen or move it somewhere else on your screen, and autohide it. You could use wbar as a launcher if you like it. There's a lot you can do to make XFce unWindows-like.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 06:35:00 pm »

True..one may do a lot of things..I strangely lament this..or something like it...lol

http://files.myopera.com/mickeyo/albums/688724/myscreen.jpg

..hmm..it is no big deal..and perhaps all to familiar in the way of point/click habit...xfce default is good enough for me...and maby my sister will stop calling me nurdboy..

it is all the same..stick in a disc and click the cd icon and the file manager opens and shows you what is on it...and plays a sound or voice message ..or click the button on the xfce tray and choose the cd...

cheers
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 06:40:42 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 06:34:44 am »

Nice Screenshot overthere.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 11:32:30 am »

thanks rbistolfi

That is damnsmall linux on a thumbdrive with ripples so when the drawer hides it looks like it is pulling through brain fluid...ya right...dsl has switched to jwm and has lost much of it's interest for me..

this was the theme for vl6 fluxbox but I have no time to setup fluxbox the same way vl had it on 5.9 so gave the configuration one last shot on a version of dsl for fun..

I am getting use to VL6 and xfce.. used as is it provides an excellent out of box experience for the world. nice work...I have openbox setup with browser buttons and a shutdown button..total simplicity when one wants to go there

cheers

Everything Is Relative
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: