VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: C# compiler?Deleted  (Read 1093 times)

roywhite

C# compiler?Deleted
« on: March 01, 2009, 06:28:15 pm »

Deleted
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 06:50:08 pm by roywhite »
VL ADDICT-running 5.8

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: C# compiler?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 06:49:32 pm »

A GNU C# compiler can be found as part of the Mono project, you can find a package in the VectorLinux GSB repository. The GSB repo is kind of experimental, so I suggest you to deal with it carefully. The dependency information is wrong, so use the -s flag to test what is going to be installed. Gnome is built in a peculiar way, in general the applications are known to work only if compiled against a very specific version number of its dependencies. The GSB repo hosts gnome 2.24 iirc, so stick with the versions for that gnome release. IIRC there is a F-spot package there and it should work if you install all the deps, check the Gnome docs to find out what are they.
Sorry if the post is a bit confusing, the topic is proportionally complex :)
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!

caitlyn

• Packager
  • Vectorian
    • The Linux Works
Re: C# compiler?Deleted
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 08:05:33 pm »

gsb contains GNOME 2.22, FWIW.

A Vector build of GNOME will replace gsb shortly.
eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
CentOS 6.5 (will try VL64-7.1 soon)

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727,  Intel Pentium T2080 / 1.73 GHz, 2GB RAM, Intel GMA 950

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video, VL 7.1