VectorLinux
September 01, 2014, 10:41:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: setting up a modem in vector  (Read 1048 times)
dymnrgh

Always looking for the diamond in the rough

« on: February 25, 2009, 05:18:14 pm »

Hi all, Just moving thru the list of things to setup after installing vector. (most going well) I have a phone modem that was detected but not setup during initial install.(A winmodem issue skipped that part and now trying to get working.) I went back and ran vasm and setup the modem. downloaded and installed drivers from linuxant website. tried to use modem but it failed. The modem is a plug in board not built into the motherboard. when I reboot the screen tells me that the serial failed to initialize. The modem is a Conexant CX 06834-11 The website search said that this is most likely a HSF modem. The download looks like it configured the modem (hsfmodem-7.80.02.03full.tar.gz). This is running on a compaq intel celeron 333mhz 1g ram 80g hdd. any ideas about this modem? Thanks.
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 10:41:41 pm »

Hi there
are you still working on it?
I just downloaded the tarfile and extracted it...cd to the folder then make install as root...during the install it ask for email and then appears to build and install modules..

.if you have done this..log in as root and try setup an account in chestnut-dialer...if it works as root then create a launcher on the user desktop useing the command /sbin/vsuper chestnut-dialer.

I thank you...I just got an old hp box..for vl6 and it had a conexant modem I thought would never work..it is hsfi cx11252-11..it seems to work although it dialed the number with the cable unpluged...odd...will reboot and see if it still works

hope this helps
cheers

Everything Is Relative
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 11:18:00 pm »

update
I rebooted and the modem appears to still be working..I am typeing...

the file you downloaded seems to be correct...how did you install...were there any errors.....mine is a cx X -11 so maby it is solved or solveable

some good info and link to the download here

http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/faq.php#1

and devices recognized are here

http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/index.php

this is a 14.4 driver but for a small fee you can get the full 56k..

cheers
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 12:56:23 am by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: