VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: any fixing command other than "i8042.nomux=1 i8042.reset=1" ?  (Read 4204 times)

vincent2

• Vectorite

Bonjour!
Even running on latest VL6.0gold,
I  again  and again lost keyboard(japanese ,jp105) and mouse(on mousepad) running savage driver on this Sharp mebius laptop PC-GP10-BM(twisterK IGP + via KN133 based mb+amd athlon xp-m 1500+), no response from keyboard and  laptop mouse, only solution seems to be pluging in another USB mouse to save all my editing documents and reboot.

Another day  I came across a post in ubuntoo forum on similar issue, it suggested adding  "i8042.nomux=1 i8042.reset=1" to append line at "lilo.conf"  , I followed suit ,once rebooting back to xfce ,keyboard+mouse freez issue remains,somehow less frequent not always.

any fixing command other than "i8042.nomux=1 i8042.reset=1" for keyboard+mouse freez issue on laptop?
Or have no choice but disabling the onboard mousepad from BIOS and only using USB mouse?