VectorLinux
July 31, 2014, 09:20:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CNTLM not working  (Read 1423 times)
kedarm

« on: March 26, 2009, 01:01:35 am »

Hi!

I study at a university that has not been particularly supportive. We have NTLM authentication, something which drives most linux applications nuts! One work-around is to use cntlm or ntlmapps (what we used on Debian machines).

However, I'm not being able to install the package. The deb and rpm packages are available (of cntlm). I converted the rpm to tgz (with a 'rpm2tgz' command), but the tgz file requires 'installpkg', which again, is not installed.

I'm stuck in a bit of a vicious cycle!
Need installpkg to install cntlm   --->  Need cntlm to get slapt working   --->  Need slapt to install installpkg!

Is there any other way to install the rpm's directly? I do see a 'rpm' command, but I've not figured how to use it. Need help asap!
kedarm

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 01:23:27 am »

My apologies!

I fiddled around a little more and found the solution. I was not signed in as root when I was trying to do the installation. Hence, I could not give the command installpkg.

I tried deleting the thread, but I don't know how.

cntlm works perfectly now, and have updated/upgraded system.

Thanks and sorry
Kedar
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: