VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Have a prob with install. SOLVED.  (Read 1093 times)

bodfish

Have a prob with install. SOLVED.
« on: March 21, 2009, 07:32:57 pm »

Ok, I got it installed (6.0) However, it won't boot. It just hangs with a VC logo. I can get it to boot using the install CD and then directing it to the install partition, hda2, and all is well.

I kinda remember the script told me (after installing my prop nvidia driver) that I needed to edit my xconfig or something like that. I'm too old to remember how to do this ::)

A favor? Can someone explain what happened and offer a cook-book list of how to get this thing to boot properly?

I promise I'll study all the docs and help a million when I'm qualified.. :-*

Edit. I THINK that leaving my mobo virus ON, stopped lilo from writing to the MBR of the HD. In any case, I got back to the start screen, clicked on the terminal icon, and simply typed 'lilo' <enter> and re-booted. All is fine, although I don't really know what happened.....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 08:07:02 pm by bodfish »

Windozer

• Vectorite
  • Have Vector Linux, Will Travel.
Re: Have a prob with install. SOLVED.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 06:32:20 pm »

Hi Bodfish,

thanks for posting the problem you encountered - and for posting the explanation of what went wrong and how you fixed it. This is helpful for those who will follow in your footsteps.

Welcome to the forum!

- Howard in Florida
~~~~~~~~~~~~
483,617th Registered Linux Snoozer