VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: vl 6 mounting cdrom as a user  (Read 1143 times)

wph

vl 6 mounting cdrom as a user
« on: March 30, 2009, 06:48:08 pm »

Hi, thanks so much for vl6 - brilliant.

When i insert a cd as a user, and I navigate to /media/cdrom or /media/cdrom0 i see no contents displayed in dolphin or terminal.

When I switch to root and insert the cd I can read the CD, then switch back to user and I can then access the CD rom. How can Iset up the user to be able to auto mount the cd's?

Also, under kde 4.2 when i run gslapt as a user, the hourglass appears and then disappears - no program.  I can sudo gslapt from terminal and it works OK. I thought that it used to ask for authentication when being run directly from a user.

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
Re: vl 6 mounting cdrom as a user
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 07:34:33 pm »

Wph,

I don't have that problem.  I have not tried accessing the cdrom in root.  However, as user, I just click on the silver "Devices" icon near the battery icon in the bottom panel of the screen, which opens a window, then I click on the cdrom icon and the CDROM content pops up.

I don't use kde so can't comment on the other question.

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511

wph

Re: vl 6 mounting cdrom as a user
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 11:09:14 pm »

you're right - under xfce it works properly - the cd icon appears and the file manager navigates to it.

Also, when starting gslapt as a user from the gui  i get the authetication dialog box

I was running kde 4.2 when i wrote about the above issues.