VectorLinux
July 31, 2014, 09:23:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: vl 5.9 light; changing desktop resolution  (Read 851 times)
Sonic

« on: March 30, 2009, 03:31:22 pm »

hello all,
i'm realtively new to linux. i just installed some distributions but don't know how it works...
i've been playing around with vectorlinux some time ago, i think it was the 5.8 version with xfce.
now i have installed vl 5.9 light on my desktop pc. i think  i can remember that there was a nice menu for choosing the desktop resolution under the old version but i can't find something similar under vl 5.9 light. i'm using jwm as windowmanager. is there any possibility to change the desktop resolution as simple as under the older vl version???

Sonic
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 04:25:19 pm »

with xfce there is a menu item for resolution but for jwm on vl-light 5.9 try choose the menu item vasmcc or use the desktop icon control center ..type your root password then choose xwindow/video configuration/auto probe for xorg and change resolution
hope that helps
cheers

Everything Is Relative
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 04:59:50 pm »

Light has very little automation. You need to use vasm (or vxconf) as root in a terminal.
Sonic

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 05:16:57 pm »

ok, i'll try that.
thanks for the help :-)
bushcat

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 07:36:17 pm »

if vxconf dosent work try xorgconfig,but to run xorgconfig you should know some technical stuff,like your video driver,the hsync,vsync of your display , your keyboard type and stuff like that .so its a good idea to gather much info as possible.but most probably vxconf should work ok.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: