VectorLinux
December 20, 2014, 06:17:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: C++ Development  (Read 1302 times)
Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« on: April 01, 2009, 06:24:59 pm »

I am learning C++. I am looking for a C++ development program. Should I go with KDevelop or is there something better?

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:42:46 pm »

That probably depends on personal taste. Here's a nice list of c++ development environments:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_integrated_development_environments#C.2FC.2B.2B

You can find a couple of those in the VL repo's, others may be found at either www.linuxpackages.net or www.slacky.eu .

I like kdevelop just fine though.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
Windozer
Vectorite

Have Vector Linux, Will Travel.

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 02:58:31 pm »

@Headacher: that's a good list - thanks!

@Daniel: do you have specific projects in mind, or just want to learn the language?  Low-level stuff (hardware oriented) versus high-level, like GUI's ... the first would tend to make pointers, arrays, and interrupts more important, whereas GUI's usually need specific Libraries... then there's the stuff in the middle - like database connections, web communications, number crunching ... again the libraries matter.

I like Kdevelop too - and also the QT tools from Troll Tech (because I'm a Troll too  Roll Eyes )

cheers,
Howard

483,617th Registered Linux Snoozer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: