VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: How do I connect to NAS-disk as a LAN drive? ***SOLVED***  (Read 2112 times)

nj_jak

How do I connect to NAS-disk as a LAN drive? ***SOLVED***
« on: April 02, 2009, 04:14:32 am »

I have recently purchase a NAS drive in order to share files among the 3 computers in my home.

Two are running VL 5.9 SOHO (wired connection) and one is running WinXP (wireless connection).

After attaching the NAS to the router, I was able to run the setup of it in a browser, and (only tested from one of the VL's) I am able to move files back and forth with gFTP accessing the NAS on its IP adress.

What I really would like to is to browse the filesystem on the NAS in my FileManager (Konqueror), but opening the Network Services under system gives me this errer message:
The Lisa daemon does not appear to be running.
In order to use the LAN Browser the Lisa daemon must be installed and activated by the system administrator.

Now I have looked around (and the search function in this forum returns a lot, but not what I want) to find out how to start LISa

can you guys ba as helpful as always?? :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 01:03:58 am by nj_jak »

bigpaws

• Vectorian
Re: How do I connect to NAS-disk as a LAN driv?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 06:14:12 am »

Have you tried opening Konqueror and typing the
ip into the address bar?

Bigpaws

nj_jak

Re: How do I connect to NAS-disk as a LAN driv? - SOLVED
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 12:25:48 pm »

Good suggestion Bigpaws !

just tried it from the other VL - wouldn't http:/192.168...., but I remembered in somthing I read when I searched the forum:

lan:/192.168. .... and I am 'inside' the NAS disk.

THANK YOU - THIS MUST BE THE BEST / FRIENDLISET / QUICKEST RESPONSIVE FORUM

I am and always will be a VL fan - and I am a member of the Vector Linux appriciation group on facebook !!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:32:50 pm by nj_jak »

Daniel

• Packager
  • Vectorian
    • TuxToys - Packages for VectorLinux 6.0
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 08:01:03 pm »

It sounds like you have this thing fixed but just in case you ever need to know, to start LISa, open a terminal and type lisa.
The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM

nj_jak

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 01:03:32 am »

It sounds like you have this thing fixed but just in case you ever need to know, to start LISa, open a terminal and type lisa.

Well I did try that, but LISa cannot find a config file, and I do not know what to put in such a file. I am writing this from my work where there is no linux, so I will post further details when I get home to my VL.