VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 09:05:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I connect to NAS-disk as a LAN drive? ***SOLVED***  (Read 1929 times)
nj_jak

« on: April 02, 2009, 03:14:32 am »

I have recently purchase a NAS drive in order to share files among the 3 computers in my home.

Two are running VL 5.9 SOHO (wired connection) and one is running WinXP (wireless connection).

After attaching the NAS to the router, I was able to run the setup of it in a browser, and (only tested from one of the VL's) I am able to move files back and forth with gFTP accessing the NAS on its IP adress.

What I really would like to is to browse the filesystem on the NAS in my FileManager (Konqueror), but opening the Network Services under system gives me this errer message:
The Lisa daemon does not appear to be running.
In order to use the LAN Browser the Lisa daemon must be installed and activated by the system administrator.

Now I have looked around (and the search function in this forum returns a lot, but not what I want) to find out how to start LISa

can you guys ba as helpful as always?? Smiley
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 12:03:58 am by nj_jak » Logged
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 05:14:12 am »

Have you tried opening Konqueror and typing the
ip into the address bar?

Bigpaws
nj_jak

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 11:25:48 am »

Good suggestion Bigpaws !

just tried it from the other VL - wouldn't http:/192.168...., but I remembered in somthing I read when I searched the forum:

lan:/192.168. .... and I am 'inside' the NAS disk.

THANK YOU - THIS MUST BE THE BEST / FRIENDLISET / QUICKEST RESPONSIVE FORUM

I am and always will be a VL fan - and I am a member of the Vector Linux appriciation group on facebook !!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 11:32:50 am by nj_jak » Logged
Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 07:01:03 pm »

It sounds like you have this thing fixed but just in case you ever need to know, to start LISa, open a terminal and type lisa.

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM
nj_jak

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 12:03:32 am »

It sounds like you have this thing fixed but just in case you ever need to know, to start LISa, open a terminal and type lisa.

Well I did try that, but LISa cannot find a config file, and I do not know what to put in such a file. I am writing this from my work where there is no linux, so I will post further details when I get home to my VL.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: