VectorLinux
December 18, 2014, 04:08:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mutt upgrade?  (Read 1271 times)
unicyclist

« on: April 04, 2009, 05:34:35 pm »

Any chance of getting mutt upgraded to 1.5.x?
Thanks.

btw- I'm running 6.0 lite Smiley

IBM Personal Computer 300GL, 350 mhz, 256 megs ram, VL6.0 Lite
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:58:15 pm »

Hi unicyclist
Do you think there is enough reasons for upgrading to 1.5? It is the development version. I think we are up to date on the stable branch.
Not trying to be difficult, as a mutt user I am interested in your opinion about this one Smiley I just thought I would check if it is a good move going from the stable to the devel branch.

Regards, Rodrigo

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
unicyclist

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 06:30:21 am »

No there isn't Smiley
To be perfectly honest even though it is embarrassing, I have used 1.5.x for so long that I thought 1.5 was stable! Sad
In fact, I went to the website to read it since I was so shocked by what you wrote. Smiley
I do like the message/header caching ability, smtp built in, and easier list/subscribe commands.
Since 1.4 is stable, no reason to change. I'll just install msmtp or something else, and edit my .muttrc
Thank-you very much.

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 06:41:16 am »

smtp built in? ummmm Smiley
I just built it without a problem, I will test the new features. I am sure we can find a place for it in the repos, maybe in "unstable" where devel stuff should go. I am using msmtp myself plus getmail for retrieving, they are both in the repos. Works good so far.
If you like cli apps, kidd started a "keyboard driven applications" thread some time ago. We use it as a collaborative log for cool stuff, feel free to take a peak Wink

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
unicyclist

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 03:55:56 pm »

Thanks.
I use the same apps with mutt. Charles just released 4.9.0 of getmail.
Will check the thread.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: