VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Mutt upgrade?  (Read 1398 times)

unicyclist

Mutt upgrade?
« on: April 04, 2009, 06:34:35 pm »

Any chance of getting mutt upgraded to 1.5.x?
Thanks.

btw- I'm running 6.0 lite :)
IBM Personal Computer 300GL, 350 mhz, 256 megs ram, VL6.0 Lite

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Mutt upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 09:58:15 pm »

Hi unicyclist
Do you think there is enough reasons for upgrading to 1.5? It is the development version. I think we are up to date on the stable branch.
Not trying to be difficult, as a mutt user I am interested in your opinion about this one :) I just thought I would check if it is a good move going from the stable to the devel branch.

Regards, Rodrigo
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!

unicyclist

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 07:30:21 am »

No there isn't :)
To be perfectly honest even though it is embarrassing, I have used 1.5.x for so long that I thought 1.5 was stable! :(
In fact, I went to the website to read it since I was so shocked by what you wrote. :)
I do like the message/header caching ability, smtp built in, and easier list/subscribe commands.
Since 1.4 is stable, no reason to change. I'll just install msmtp or something else, and edit my .muttrc
Thank-you very much.

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 07:41:16 am »

smtp built in? ummmm :)
I just built it without a problem, I will test the new features. I am sure we can find a place for it in the repos, maybe in "unstable" where devel stuff should go. I am using msmtp myself plus getmail for retrieving, they are both in the repos. Works good so far.
If you like cli apps, kidd started a "keyboard driven applications" thread some time ago. We use it as a collaborative log for cool stuff, feel free to take a peak ;)
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!

unicyclist

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 04:55:56 pm »

Thanks.
I use the same apps with mutt. Charles just released 4.9.0 of getmail.
Will check the thread.