VectorLinux
April 23, 2014, 09:53:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: weird dependencies with gnomelibs  (Read 806 times)
martu

« on: April 05, 2009, 02:21:01 pm »

Well I think this is halfway my fault, because I didn't checked the depencies before I installed something, but I think there must be some weird dependencies with some packages.

At first I just wanted to configure firestarter, but it said that it needed libgnomeui to show the configuration-screen. So I installed it and it worked fine. After some time I noticed that Nautilus was installed too and since I didn't want Nautilus I removed it with slapt-get. But with Nautilus slapt-get removed firestarter and Firefox too (maybe some other programms too and I just didn't noticed now).
Well after I noticed Firefox was removed too I reinstalled it ( version 3.0.8 ) and now I have Nautilus again and there are even Icons on my fluxbox desktop  Shocked

How can I delete Nautilus and the Icon thing (don't know which lib is responsible for the Icons) without deleting firefox?

PS: and Firefox likes to crash without any reason now Undecided

mfg. Martu
martu

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 09:57:47 am »

Ok, I've managed to remove Nautilus without removing Firefox and the rest with it.
After this installing/removing stuff without looking at the dependencies I had some problems but everything works fine again (or even better now  Cheesy)

I still don't know why Firefox crashed at that day so much, but now Firefox runs stable (maybe it had a bad day)

mfg. Martu
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: