VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: weird dependencies with gnomelibs  (Read 1006 times)

martu

weird dependencies with gnomelibs
« on: April 05, 2009, 03:21:01 pm »

Well I think this is halfway my fault, because I didn't checked the depencies before I installed something, but I think there must be some weird dependencies with some packages.

At first I just wanted to configure firestarter, but it said that it needed libgnomeui to show the configuration-screen. So I installed it and it worked fine. After some time I noticed that Nautilus was installed too and since I didn't want Nautilus I removed it with slapt-get. But with Nautilus slapt-get removed firestarter and Firefox too (maybe some other programms too and I just didn't noticed now).
Well after I noticed Firefox was removed too I reinstalled it ( version 3.0.8 ) and now I have Nautilus again and there are even Icons on my fluxbox desktop  :o

How can I delete Nautilus and the Icon thing (don't know which lib is responsible for the Icons) without deleting firefox?

PS: and Firefox likes to crash without any reason now :-\

mfg. Martu

martu

Re: weird dependencies with gnomelibs
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:57:47 am »

Ok, I've managed to remove Nautilus without removing Firefox and the rest with it.
After this installing/removing stuff without looking at the dependencies I had some problems but everything works fine again (or even better now  :D)

I still don't know why Firefox crashed at that day so much, but now Firefox runs stable (maybe it had a bad day)

mfg. Martu