VectorLinux
October 24, 2014, 10:49:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: vl6 clone screen  (Read 2035 times)
wph

« on: April 05, 2009, 02:35:52 pm »

Hi,

I have toshibe portege 4010 running vl 6 - how would I be able to clone the screen to the vga output? (ultimately data projector)

Thanks for any help you can offer
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 07:45:24 pm »

Hi
With my older compaq laptop I just shut down and pluged in the monitor then rebooted and the monitor was working..I opened the laptop and the same image was on the laptop screen..a clone..to get dual monitors so I could drag things to the second monitor I had to use xinearama , which could be switched from drag and drop or what ever you call it to a wide screen so the image was stretched across both or more..did you look in the bios to see if there is a toggle for the vga port..

cheers

Everything Is Relative
wph

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 09:47:31 pm »

OK

I plugged in the monitor & booted up - I got an image on the monitor with no image on the notebook - everything worked fine, but I'd rather the ability to clone the notebook & monitor

I didn't see any reference in the BIOS re. the vga port

I've installed fnfxd (toshiba utils)  when i run it - it correctly reports that the lcd is in use or the crt is in use but ne'er the twain shall meet ...
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 05:56:11 am »

Doesn't the F4 thing work for you?

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 02:14:35 pm »

I just plugged a flatpanel into my TS4070cds and it did the same.. the flatpanel worked  but the lcd did not...or vice verse.....in the bios was a display item "power on display -stretched" I highlighted it and hit the space bar and it changed to "power on display-simultaneous" when I save and exit the laptop booted with both..cloned..I missed it the first time I looked in the bios thought it may be the same for you

cheers

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: