VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: HOWTO: Internet connection sharing under VectorLinux  (Read 1817 times)

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
HOWTO: Internet connection sharing under VectorLinux
« on: August 07, 2009, 10:40:22 am »

I recently found myself needing to share my internet connection in Vectorlinux.
With the help of nightflyer, I managed to do it.

I have compiled a mini howto, in case I need to do it again some time, but I figure others can also benefit from this, so I'm posting it here.

This howto will be good in the following scenarios:
  • You have a laptop with internet access, and a Desktop with no wireless chip, so you want to share the laptop's internet connection with the desktop
  • You have a wireless signal that you would like to 'repeat' for some reason (dont ask me why, you wanted to do it! ;) )
  • You have one computer with internet access, and one without (wired or wireless) and want to be ble to surf the www with both

Like I said, the credit for this goes to nightflyer, he figured out how to make this work. I simply followed his instructions.
The howto is at my blog:
http://m0e-lnx.blogspot.com/2009/08/howto-share-your-internet-connection-in.html