VectorLinux
October 24, 2014, 12:21:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KDevelop screwing up VL customization?  (Read 1810 times)
Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« on: April 07, 2009, 04:34:09 pm »

I recently installed KDevelop on my VL 5.9.1 SOHO machine. However... I discovered that when KDevelop installed, it brought a bunch of other stuff with it (as dependencies I guess). So now, the picture on the left side of the Kmenu shows a KDE logo instead of the VectorLinux label logo it used to have. Also, when I click the logout button in the Kmenu, it has the shutdown and restart buttons as usual but the picture next to them is another KDE logo instead of the VL logo that was there before. Zeroconf capability seems to have disappeared as well. When I try to look at the Network services (zeroconf:/) under remote places in Konqueror, it says that KDE has been built without Zeroconf support. I was able to look at zeroconf before. Any help on fixing these things? I really liked the VL logos especially.

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 07:12:09 pm »

you could try system, vasm, skel (but I'm not promising anything!).

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 05:41:09 am »

I don't see any "skel" in VASM. Did I miss it or am I looking in the wrong place?

The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 09:51:26 am »

Try starting it as normal user Daniel.
(You can use [alt]+[f2] to bring up a "run command" box, run "vasm" from there.)

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 09:58:39 am »

I selected "Skel: reset default settings". but it didn't seem to help.

Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 03:15:46 pm »

I just noticed that installing KDevelop seemed to take away some programs from the Kmenu such as the Menu Editor, Super Filemanager, and some more stuff that I can't remember the names of.

kukibl
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 06:09:32 am »

Well, you should find out which exactly dependencies for kdevelop slapt-get pulled down/installed. It seems to me that one of those packages replaced original configuration files on system-wide level.

Also, try creating another user and check if everything is the same when you log in with that account. Although, I highly doubt there will be any change...
Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 10:27:37 am »

I installed KDevelop via Gslapt but now since I have installed it, Gslapt doesn't show me any dependencies because I have the dependencies now so they are not dependencies for me anymore so it doesn't show any dependencies. How do I find out what the dependencies are?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: