VectorLinux
August 29, 2014, 08:06:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: opera9.63  (Read 3171 times)
overthere
Vectorian

« on: April 09, 2009, 05:55:15 am »

Hi
I just answered a post in vectorbie questions regarding getting the live cd to work and realize that the poster had added images to the post in addition to a link..I did not see the images until I booted win95 with opera 8.54 to see if it still worked and can see them there.

any reason why opera 9.63 included is not showing these images?

I can see screenshots fine..I can see some of the cartoons in the lounge thread humourous stuff....

cheers

edit: well opera 9.52 on vl5.9 and opera9.63 on vl6-light show all the images but for some reason opera9.63 on vl6-std is not showing all the images..

edit:
it is likely this stupid modem driver.."big rant about hundreds of dollars wasted on modems for linux here"

cheers

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 07:22:20 am by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 08:23:43 am »

Maybe you just have images set to not be shown in Opera: View/Images/Show Images
maybe?
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 03:00:39 pm »

well thanks newtor..I appreciate the responce

.but I am not sure that is the trouble..I did look for something relative...none of the browsers show certain pics..likely larger ones that take time to load..the page completes but the pics never load nor evidence of them.. and I can not access google.I had not noticed that as I was useing altavista for a change..

.in 5.9 I had the no google issue which seemed to be resolved with the addition of name server addresses in resolve.config...I have no idea who's address I entered but it worked..even though I do not have a network set up...this has no effect in vl6

I also used another modem..external serial usrobotics 5686e which although it has issues connecting, does connect on the third try somewhat consistantly but often disconnects and changes nothing...I am sick of it.I could blab on but it achieves nothing..

cheers

Everything Is Relative
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 03:26:17 pm »

Thought I'd start super simple and work my way up Grin

Can you access Google via IP address? 74.125.19.99
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 03:57:07 pm »

Yes Smiley

Everything Is Relative
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 05:09:27 pm »

DNS sounds likely. What nameservers have you named in resolv.conf?
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 05:18:12 pm »

the previous suggestion was 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222. Huh

Everything Is Relative
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 06:01:29 pm »

Those look to be opendns.com dns servers, and should work.  I wonder if they are what's causing the problems with reaching google via domain name.  You could try utilizing your ISP's dns servers instead to see if the issues resolve.  It would just be a matter of determining what they are (check you account settings via your ISP) and changing them in resolv.conf.  It should be easy to try and quick to determine if they help - your network will likely need to be restarted after changing nameservers.
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 07:07:17 pm »

ok..I made an error and had a space between name and server..yes open dns in resolve.config will allow me to access google..and pics load...if I enter the isp dns it does not work

Why do I need this... I have no issue accessing google from windows or other linux I have used.. even vl-light Huh

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: