Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: False dependency in kino package?  (Read 1732 times)

• Packager
  • Vectorian
False dependency in kino package?
« on: April 25, 2009, 05:40:20 pm »

I installed Kino from the VL6 repo on my desktop Celeron computer the other day. The package listed vlnividia as a dependency. This computer has an ATI video card and I never installed vlnvidia. It didn't seem to me that kino would require vlnvidia for computers that don't have NVidia video, so I installed kino by selecting Download Only and using installpkg for kino and libsamplerate, not installing vlnvidia.

I've started Kino a few times but haven't done any actual work with it. It does start without error messages, though, so I assume the package doesn't really need vlnvidia.

Is this a false dependency?
Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: False dependency in kino package?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 05:51:12 pm »

It seems to be a fake dep. I will try to get into it asap.
Thanks for the report.
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.