VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 09:54:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xircom RealPort Cardbus Ethernet 10/100  (Read 3071 times)
devv

« on: April 26, 2009, 01:28:55 pm »

Hi, i installed Vector Linux light 6.0 a couple of days ago but i cant get my network up and running.

I remember when i used Puppy Linux that i had to load an module before getting this card working.
Where do i do this in Vector Linux?

dmesg finds my adapter as "eth0" but when i use ifconfig i cant the see interface at all.   Undecided

I have a IBM T20 computer.

*update* i can now find the "eth0" in ifconfig if i start it up manually, but i cant get an ip adress from my rauter. tried both from the terminal and from "wicd" manager and netconfig. Do i have to load the module? Or is there something else i need to to?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 03:06:59 pm by devv » Logged
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 03:39:39 pm »

Hi there, please post the output of lspcmcia and lsmod as root. The system logs can be useful also, try unplugging the card, then in a terminal as root:

tail -f /var/log/messages

Then insert the card and look for the output in the terminal. Paste it here also. That should give us enough information to diagnose the problem.

Thanks!

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
devv

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 03:55:39 pm »

lspcmcia:

Socket 0 Bridge: [yenta_cardbus] (bus id: 000:00:02.0)
Socket 1 Bridge: [yenta_cardbus] (bus id: 000:00:02.1)
Socket 1 Device 0: [xirc2ps_cs]   (bus id:1.0)
Socket 1 Device 1: [serial_cs]      (bus id:1.1)

lsmod:

to much text to write down here as im on another computer and writing it manually, but
"xirc2ps_cs 16780 1" shows up. Is there something else that you need to know?

After typing "tail -f /var/log/messages" after removing the card it showed up "pccard: card ejected from slot 1"

and after doing the same thing after re-inserting it shows up as inserted and registered.

hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 05:45:49 pm »

pls provide info of ifconfig -a. Thanks.
devv

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 06:14:57 pm »

ifconfig -a shows me the interface eth0 , irda0 and lo.

Everything seems to be working exept, i cant get an ipadress. There is not any problem with my other windows machines, and they get a proper ip adress from my raouter by dhcp.
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 06:25:26 pm »

Did you try configure your network using vasm?
devv

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 06:38:55 pm »

Aight, i managed to get it up and running with vasm. Altough, ive tried it earlier and it didnt work but now it does.

But the thing is i dont even know how i made it, so im kinda clueless if it goes down again.

BUT, i noticed one thing. I have to reject and insert the card for eth0 to be seen in ifconfig -a after rebooting. Tongue

Aha, well. Ill hope things are working from now on, otherwise ill update here.

Thanks for the support!
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 06:54:10 pm »

Try reboot and see does your eth0 still working. Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: