VectorLinux
November 26, 2014, 01:05:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Equivalent of KILE  (Read 1733 times)
kedarm

« on: April 23, 2009, 03:44:33 am »

Hi!

I use VL 6.0 Light Beta version. It is running beautifully, and I've had no problem with the XFCE.

I just wanted to know if there is an XFCE equivalent to KILE (for Latex). I've tried googling, but the closest I've got is vim with omnicomplete (for latex).

Is there any direct substitute?

Cheer!
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 10:20:21 am »

I don't know of any. Sad

I've used vim to edit LaTeX files.  If you need help  configuring it, drop a note here.

emacs has very good latex modes too.

HTH

kedarm

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 12:25:06 am »

I'm very comfortable with vim, so I would prefer vim solutions. I haven't got around to using emacs, and considering vim practically does everything that emacs does, I don't think I ever will.

My problem lies in the fact that I'm not particularly comfortable with latex syntax. Kile provides some sort of auto-completion of syntax words, and that is the convenience I am looking for. I can write scripts to compile the file to pdf, etc. but it's the auto-completion that I'm really after.

I've tried to get omni-complete (on vim) working with latex modules, but I have not been very successful. If you have had any success with omni-complete, please do let me know. Latex becomes very difficult if you have to look up on the web for the right keywords at every stage.

Thanks
kedarm

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 12:43:45 am »

Anyone? Please...
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 06:45:06 am »

I've written some tips related to vim+latex .  I hope you find it useful.  If there's anything unclear (I'm sure there is), please, comment there, and I'll try to fix.

http://puntoblogspot.blogspot.com/2009/04/fully-vim-style-linux-part-2-vim-for.html

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: