VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Equivalent of KILE  (Read 1932 times)

kedarm

Equivalent of KILE
« on: April 23, 2009, 04:44:33 am »

Hi!

I use VL 6.0 Light Beta version. It is running beautifully, and I've had no problem with the XFCE.

I just wanted to know if there is an XFCE equivalent to KILE (for Latex). I've tried googling, but the closest I've got is vim with omnicomplete (for latex).

Is there any direct substitute?

Cheer!

kidd

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Equivalent of KILE
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 11:20:21 am »

I don't know of any. :(

I've used vim to edit LaTeX files.  If you need help  configuring it, drop a note here.

emacs has very good latex modes too.

HTH

kedarm

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 01:25:06 am »

I'm very comfortable with vim, so I would prefer vim solutions. I haven't got around to using emacs, and considering vim practically does everything that emacs does, I don't think I ever will.

My problem lies in the fact that I'm not particularly comfortable with latex syntax. Kile provides some sort of auto-completion of syntax words, and that is the convenience I am looking for. I can write scripts to compile the file to pdf, etc. but it's the auto-completion that I'm really after.

I've tried to get omni-complete (on vim) working with latex modules, but I have not been very successful. If you have had any success with omni-complete, please do let me know. Latex becomes very difficult if you have to look up on the web for the right keywords at every stage.

Thanks

kedarm

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 01:43:45 am »

Anyone? Please...

kidd

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 07:45:06 am »

I've written some tips related to vim+latex .  I hope you find it useful.  If there's anything unclear (I'm sure there is), please, comment there, and I'll try to fix.

http://puntoblogspot.blogspot.com/2009/04/fully-vim-style-linux-part-2-vim-for.html