Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Geeky, Star Trek Freaky  (Read 4175 times)

Re: Geeky, Star Trek Freaky
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2009, 02:30:42 pm »

IIIIIIIII...........miss........Original Capt. Kirk's..........oddphrasinginhis.........sentences.  But it was good, and it kick starts Star Trek into a whole new generation.   Like I took 3 12yr boys with me last night, and they cheered at the end.  Amazing.  We passed the torch to a new generation.

• Vectorian
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 12:37:33 pm »

I especially like the part where it's revealed that Khan Noonien Singh escaped from the Reliant at the last second in a shuttle, went to warp, then went to a Denobulan planet to have himself rejuvenated.  The way they did that whole thing as a flashback was really well done.  Then when he gets in the fist-fight with the Kirk clone, wow ... what action.  They could have left out the part where Captain Sisko comes out of the wormhole to repair spacetime, it was sort of too deus ex machina for me.

For anybody who hasn't seen the movie (and who hasn't already guessed the following), yeah, I made all that up.

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991

• Vectorite
  • Have Vector Linux, Will Travel.
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 10:20:56 am »

Check out Tom's new Avitar Digs!

"Open the Pod Bay, HAL, er Ubuntu!"
483,617th Registered Linux Snoozer

Triarius Fidelis

• Vecteloper
  • Vectorian
  • Domine, exaudi vocem meam
    • my website
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 12:51:48 pm »

Star Trek sucks, but the new Star Trek movie can't be any worse than Terminator: Salvation, which was a quarter pound of fecal matter on a moldy bun
"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
Pages: 1 [2]