VectorLinux
July 30, 2014, 10:58:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solved:zfone deamon is missing a kernel module  (Read 1017 times)
OldNoob

« on: May 07, 2009, 02:53:53 am »

Hello! I try to get zfone work, but the zfoned deamon is missing a module in kernel named ip_queue.ko, it should be at /lib/modules/2.6.27.12/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter but it´s not there or anywhere else, tried with a module found at ubuntu but it could not load.
So please help where can i find that module?
 Cry Roffe
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:27:19 am by OldNoob » Logged
OldNoob

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 02:07:07 pm »

Yeah! I´m now realizing that i have to recompile the kernel if i want a working module ip_queue.ko or i can have it in kernel, so i bite the bullet and start gconfig then a lot of lookie-lookie, but i find nothing to set with ip_queue. What now? Help a poor sucker please!
Roffe

Well, the sucker helped himself (that sounded naughty), anyway to solve it i ran gconfig and found under the 
IP: Netfilter Configuration tab the option CONFIG_IP_NF_QUEUE, choose to make it module and compiled the kernel and installed it, after reboot and modprobe ip_queue and as root ran zfoned (the deamon) and it worked!

Then came the hassle with sound, video and whatnot, now it´s only the headset left to get working Grin
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:49:49 am by OldNoob » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: