VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Solved:zfone deamon is missing a kernel module  (Read 1201 times)

OldNoob

Solved:zfone deamon is missing a kernel module
« on: May 07, 2009, 03:53:53 am »

Hello! I try to get zfone work, but the zfoned deamon is missing a module in kernel named ip_queue.ko, it should be at /lib/modules/2.6.27.12/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter but it´s not there or anywhere else, tried with a module found at ubuntu but it could not load.
So please help where can i find that module?
 :'( Roffe
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 11:27:19 am by OldNoob »

OldNoob

Re: zfone deamon is missing a kernel module
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 03:07:07 pm »

Yeah! I´m now realizing that i have to recompile the kernel if i want a working module ip_queue.ko or i can have it in kernel, so i bite the bullet and start gconfig then a lot of lookie-lookie, but i find nothing to set with ip_queue. What now? Help a poor sucker please!
Roffe

Well, the sucker helped himself (that sounded naughty), anyway to solve it i ran gconfig and found under the 
IP: Netfilter Configuration tab the option CONFIG_IP_NF_QUEUE, choose to make it module and compiled the kernel and installed it, after reboot and modprobe ip_queue and as root ran zfoned (the deamon) and it worked!

Then came the hassle with sound, video and whatnot, now it´s only the headset left to get working ;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 11:49:49 am by OldNoob »