VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Enlightenment problems  (Read 1370 times)

swarfendor437

Enlightenment problems
« on: May 09, 2009, 02:57:59 pm »

Hi peeps,
Recently installed E17 from CD2 of VL standard Deluxe on daughter's pc and whilst doing some updates etc I managed to crash the desktop! Decided to do a fresh install but somehow get same error messages saying cannot launch Enlightenment directly - F1 to recover or F2 to quit. Also the boot screen has swapped to Hiroshima Red (if you know what I mean. Even after install same problems - also KDE4 claims it cannot load - despite having reformatted the partition it was originally installed on to (ext3 - have had bad experience of losing stuff using Reiserfs on SuSE Linux in past hence preference for ext3).
Any help greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
swarfendor437 ???

swarfendor437

Re: Enlightenment problems
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 02:01:14 am »

Just had a thought - wondering as the bootloader is on the mbr, the mbr is holding the old settings - think I might use either ultimate boot cd or System Rescue Cd to sort out - if any other ideas - glad to hear them!

Best regards,
swarfendor437

retired1af

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Enlightenment problems
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 09:16:38 am »

All the boot loader does is point to the location on your drive to load the OS. The settings aren't kept within the boot loader.
ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz