VectorLinux
April 23, 2014, 12:49:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Enlightenment problems  (Read 1109 times)
swarfendor437

« on: May 09, 2009, 01:57:59 pm »

Hi peeps,
Recently installed E17 from CD2 of VL standard Deluxe on daughter's pc and whilst doing some updates etc I managed to crash the desktop! Decided to do a fresh install but somehow get same error messages saying cannot launch Enlightenment directly - F1 to recover or F2 to quit. Also the boot screen has swapped to Hiroshima Red (if you know what I mean. Even after install same problems - also KDE4 claims it cannot load - despite having reformatted the partition it was originally installed on to (ext3 - have had bad experience of losing stuff using Reiserfs on SuSE Linux in past hence preference for ext3).
Any help greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
swarfendor437 Huh
swarfendor437

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 01:01:14 am »

Just had a thought - wondering as the bootloader is on the mbr, the mbr is holding the old settings - think I might use either ultimate boot cd or System Rescue Cd to sort out - if any other ideas - glad to hear them!

Best regards,
swarfendor437
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 08:16:38 am »

All the boot loader does is point to the location on your drive to load the OS. The settings aren't kept within the boot loader.

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: