VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: VL6 Light: Hangs on "Logout"  (Read 1144 times)

arm-c

VL6 Light: Hangs on "Logout"
« on: May 09, 2009, 04:05:30 pm »

Hello,

Relatively new to VL / Slack, but am using light version on a PII laptop.  I am having a minor frustration that the system will hang on logout.  It will not bring back up the login screen.  Only recovery I have is a CTL ALT DEL combo which will reboot the machine.

Help would be appreciated.

Side question:  why does the vasm firewall have a problem which causes the system to hang on shutdown.  Seams like the config tool would work, but it doesn't.  I have solved the problem by removing the S and K entry for firewall, but still another anoying issue.

Finally, the light version should probably enable the WICD daemon at startup.  Took me a bit to find where it was to be configured... but now it is good too... just a note for the masses that support or build this distro.

Thanks for an excellent light version of Linux... Normally, however, I am a Ubuntu user and quite happy with that distro.  I still hop distros to see what else is out there; however, I constantly come back to Ubuntu/GNOME.  Happy Linuxing. :)