VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Change wallpaper in VL 6 Light  (Read 1272 times)

TLM

Change wallpaper in VL 6 Light
« on: May 25, 2009, 09:51:19 am »

Ok, as per previous postings, VL 6 Light works amazingly well on my Asus Eee PC 701/4G model. Sound, webcam, wireless, all works great. My problem:

When I first installed it, I could right click on the desktop and choose to change the desktop settings, which would let me change the wallpaper. Now somehow I have set it to trigger the menu when I right click, and now I cannot figure out how to get my desktop settings option back. While it will be interesting to tinker with the icewm preferences file, it would be much more convenient if I could just change my wallpaper from the GUI like before. Thanks for any pointers you can give me.
Particle board should be outlawed.

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Change wallpaper in VL 6 Light
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 10:34:43 am »

Open pcmanfm file manager (My Documents), edit preferences, find where it has the "manage desktop" settings. You can set your wallpaper from there.

TLM

Re: Change wallpaper in VL 6 Light
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 12:48:52 pm »

Thanks! Worked like a charm. Also let me get my right click back to like I wanted it. I am used to KDE, however my attempts to get it onto VL 6 light did not go well. Wireless and gslapt failed to function, so I am learning the ropes of IceWm. Thanks again!
Particle board should be outlawed.