Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: Change wallpaper in VL 6 Light  (Read 1214 times)

TLM

Change wallpaper in VL 6 Light
« on: May 25, 2009, 08:51:19 am »
Ok, as per previous postings, VL 6 Light works amazingly well on my Asus Eee PC 701/4G model. Sound, webcam, wireless, all works great. My problem:

When I first installed it, I could right click on the desktop and choose to change the desktop settings, which would let me change the wallpaper. Now somehow I have set it to trigger the menu when I right click, and now I cannot figure out how to get my desktop settings option back. While it will be interesting to tinker with the icewm preferences file, it would be much more convenient if I could just change my wallpaper from the GUI like before. Thanks for any pointers you can give me.
Particle board should be outlawed.

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Change wallpaper in VL 6 Light
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 09:34:43 am »
Open pcmanfm file manager (My Documents), edit preferences, find where it has the "manage desktop" settings. You can set your wallpaper from there.

TLM

Re: Change wallpaper in VL 6 Light
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 11:48:52 am »
Thanks! Worked like a charm. Also let me get my right click back to like I wanted it. I am used to KDE, however my attempts to get it onto VL 6 light did not go well. Wireless and gslapt failed to function, so I am learning the ropes of IceWm. Thanks again!
Particle board should be outlawed.