VectorLinux
November 22, 2014, 09:27:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 20090609 wine-1.1.23 [VL6.0]  (Read 1097 times)
toothandnail
Vectorian

« on: June 09, 2009, 06:47:41 am »

kc1di has built a new Wine package for VectorLinux 6.0.

Code:
wine: wine (Windows emulator for Linux)
wine:
wine: Development release please report bugs to Wine Team.
wine: This is a developement release , it allows you to run windows programs
wine: on Linux.
wine:
wine:
wine: License: LGPL-V2.1
wine: Authors: Wine Team
wine: Website: http://www.winehq.org/

After testing this package please stop back here and let us know how it works for you.

sparkyhall
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 10:53:50 am »

Works fine here although as with 1.1.22 I had to manually install /usr/share/wine/wine_gecko-0.9.1.cab to prevent wine from disabling HTML rendering for one of the apps I need to use.

http://wiki.winehq.org/Gecko
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 02:35:12 am »

Works fine here although as with 1.1.22 I had to manually install /usr/share/wine/wine_gecko-0.9.1.cab to prevent wine from disabling HTML rendering for one of the apps I need to use.

http://wiki.winehq.org/Gecko

Hi sparkyhall,

I will try to include Html Rendering with the next package in about two weeks.  Couldn't on this one as Sourceforge was down the day I was building it and that's where they have uploaded the .cab file.  Cheers
Dave

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
Hiero2

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 06:45:30 pm »

Mon, Aug 3, Reposting to a new thread.

It's not working here, but I'm not sure why, so please direct me to the correct forum location if you wish.

I've installed VL6, xfce 4.6. Installed wine, but it isn't on the menu. I can get to the config file via the command line, but this is no way to run wine on a daily basis!

I read every thread here that a search on "wine" turned up. Some are similar, none are the same. I edited the desktop file to get wine to appear in the menu - no go. I checked the permissions on the desktop file - a-ok. The desktop file didn't contain a category - I added one. Didn't work. I changed it. Didn't work.

Tried to run it from the command line.
     hiero:$ wine treepadBIZ.exe
     wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\treepadBIZ.exe": Module not found

Is it installed? Yes. Is it configured? Yes. Is that program registered in the Wine config gui form? Yes.

So, why isn't Wine on my menu, and why can't I run it? Can anyone shed light?

Please.

Thank you;
Mark
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 07:01:52 am by Hiero2 » Logged
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 07:38:55 am »

We always used wine from the command line, I dont think we ever shipped a menu entry with it.
Are you sure that application is installed there?
Is there a file in .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/ called treepadBIZ.exe ?

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
sparkyhall
Vectorite

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 12:08:11 pm »

I don't normally see a wine menu entry only an entry for the windows apps installed in wine and these normally appear in Menu->Other. Have you run treepadBIZ.exe on wine before?
Hiero2

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 03:33:54 am »

Thanks for answering. First - I did finally get wine to run treepad - it showed up, at some point, in the right-click menu.

The only comparable experience I have is Ubuntu. In Ubuntu (Gnome) it has a menu category Wine, with submenus leading to the programs, when you have registered the program in the wine config gui.

We always used wine from the command line, I dont think we ever shipped a menu entry with it.
treepadBIZ.exe is in /home/"me"/.wine/drive_C/Program Files/TreepadBIZ/
There is a desktop file in /applications. I edited that, I didn't create a new one for wine. I did try the command line again - and that shows me why you gave the path <.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/>. When I place the treepad exe file there, it runs from the command line. However, in the wine gui config editor, wine is registered in the location first mentioned, and does run that way, when I get a wine choice in the gui menu. The right-click that is currently working is probably just using wine to run the exe with the full path, which also works from the command line: wine /home/"me"/.wine/drive_C/Program\ Files/TreepadBIZ/treepadBIZ.exe

I don't normally see a wine menu entry only an entry for the windows apps installed in wine and these normally appear in Menu->Other. Have you run treepadBIZ.exe on wine before?
I have run it, on an Ubuntu 9.04 Gnome box. I'll have to try and make a menu entry (desktop file) for treepad to run in Other, using the full path in the exec entry.

This does lead me back to two related questions I did ask elsewhere - about the xfce menu categories, and editing the menu by a user. I'll be looking at the links I got there, and may come up with more answers on my own. If so, I'll try to post, since others may find the same issue - I'm usually not alone, just the bigmouth who speaks up  Wink.

Thanks,
Mark
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:50:14 am by Hiero2 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: