VectorLinux
September 20, 2014, 05:33:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mounting DVD  (Read 876 times)
kentuckylodge

« on: June 09, 2009, 06:38:24 pm »

Unable to mount "Linux Mint 7 Gloria":

/usr/share/themes/VL-Classic/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:92: error: unexpected identifier `colorize_scrollbar', expected character `}'
A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member "Mount" error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal")

This is what happens when I am trying to play a DVD.    What is a foolproof method of mounting DVD's or CD's.  The answer is probably written above but I am not clued up enough to see it.

thanks.
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 06:48:14 am »

Linux Mint is an ISO image that is meant to be booted, not "played". I assume that is what you wish to do? Boot into Linux Mint? If so, place the DVD/CD in your drive and reboot the computer, ensuring that in your BIOS setup you have the first boot device set to the correct drive.

On the other hand if you do wish to look at the files on an image DVD/CD then you can do this (as root in a terminal):

#mount -o loop /dev/dvd /mnt/tmp

Then navigate to /mnt/tmp with a file file manager.

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
kentuckylodge

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 10:17:41 pm »

Give up.

Thanks for your help but I cant get it to work.  Will go back to previous OS for awhile.  Try VL later.

regards
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: