VectorLinux
July 28, 2014, 12:07:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: video card suggestions?  (Read 2818 times)
haywire
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 07:01:56 pm »

YAY I won the auction on the NVIDIA 6200 agp card... Now there is 4 gigs of ram and a new video card on the way for the new vectorbox.

I can't wait to see how the whole system runs with the upgrades... I've been playing with it as is and its not so bad, even with xp running in virtualbox the system is still very responsive. Xp is a bit slow in virtual box but you get kind of used to it if you use it long enough. I think with the new ram I won't be able to even tell its virtualized. This will be one hell of a powerful file server and workstation for me. I am copying over gigs and gigs of divx movies and mp3s and other stuff tonight...

One thing is that the video seems very fast, even with a slow ass ancient pci video card in there. I think the 6200 with the gpu and being agp it will
really zip along even better as far as screenwrites and all that stuff. I also hope the nice 3d screen savers work right, they are really skippy on this video card for some reason ? Like they display so slow and stuttering you can't look...?

I gave my windows box to my girlfriend, she just uses it to surf and for email, so thats fine. Maybe I'll convert her to vector as well...

Today, I got fast tracker II to work WELL with dosbox. I can't tell you all how happy I am about that, even though I use renoise now for music, I still LOVE that program for making quick tracks, drumtracks and demos... I'm happy to be able to use it again, since it hates xp.  Never tried dosbox in xp.

off to vector... Thanks for the help guys!

Steven

Steven

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: