VectorLinux
April 24, 2014, 08:12:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zenmap Anyone ?  (Read 2095 times)
flip city
Packager
Vectorite

Way Out In HyperSpace

« on: June 18, 2009, 11:17:37 pm »

Zenmap is the GUI for nmap, which is installable in VL6, OR installed by default, as I can't recall what I did. Anywho, for those interested, zenmap is included in the nmap package. To enable use of zenmap requires installing pysqlite. Then open a terminal > su > rootpw > zenmap........boom nice GUI. Great tool for monitoring your network. Explore and Peace Out .

stretchedthin
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 05:41:12 am »

That's one I didn't know about.  VL has some other hidden gui apps, xcalc and xsane are two I can think of off the top of my head.

Vectorlinux screencasts and  tutorials can be found at....
http://www.opensourcebistro.com/blog1
http://www.youtube.com/user/vid4ken?feature=mhee
Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 08:42:48 am »

Another front end for nmap: NmapFE is included in VL 5.9.1 SOHO. I'm not sure where it comes from though.

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 11:21:10 pm »

They are the same thing.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
flip city
Packager
Vectorite

Way Out In HyperSpace

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 12:04:39 pm »

Using zenmap on intense scan of my WAN IP, it found port 53 and 80 were open. I checked in Firestarter and these ports must be open by default, as I opted to close port 53 there.Did another zenmap scan and now it shows port 53 as filtered. Has anyone else noticed this?

Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 06:09:11 am »

I haven't noticed that (then again I haven't scanned my ip address with nmap either) but if you want  to do an outside scan of your ip address, go to www.grc.com and run their Shields up! program. It scans the ports on your ip address.

flip city
Packager
Vectorite

Way Out In HyperSpace

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 10:35:06 am »

Yes I have scanned with shields up. They showed however that all ports were in stealth mode ! Zenmap of course, saw 53 and 80 as open. When I closed both ports on Firestarter, my puter was unable to connect to the web, so that confirmed that those ports were indeed open.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 10:44:31 am by flip city » Logged

Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 05:08:41 pm »

Somewhere in the shields up screens it mentions that if all your ports are listed as "stealth" then the pings from grc.com are likely getting intercepted by your isp.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: