VectorLinux
July 31, 2014, 09:11:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you Vectors  (Read 1251 times)
lordiaco

« on: June 20, 2009, 11:56:14 pm »

I just have time to express me wiith a couple of simple grateful words now  at the dusk of my life wiith beloved and exiting world of Lnux and other OS's I lived almost whole my life with. I'm cancer sick (incurable intestine cancer)  and have no sucha long time yet, but last time had I wery fun with Vector 5.8 STD on my older, a bit lazy Dell Latiitude CPt of 1999's model since my newer, Latitude D610 has been broken by a violent Ubuntu 8.04 LTD's outbreak.
Since then, but tragicaly enough for myself, too late! Thanks to that event I met VLinux and thank God for it!
Better late  than never, says it.
He has a weak 464 MHz Celeron(Mendocino), 256 MB RAM, 20GB HD and a simple CD, no floppy and not so well functioning keyboard. I had some difficulties in the begining wiith VL5.8, but later i learned me a lot last months in home country, waiting for my morphine shoot and Vector's SeaMonkey tasks, ha!
Have been working many years with old Mac's and SUN SPARC's, even NT in Sweden, so Slackworld isn't so strange to me, have an Win2000 installed on hda1(works great, no firewall, no vrus at all on FAT32, real fast, but love your "viscous Vector 5.8" more.

Have a great and light future with VL
Regards
A 55 years old sick

"Happily running" VL 5.8  Stnd./ Xfce on old laptops:1999's model Dell Latitude CPt (PII-464 MHz/256MB/6 GB ext3-part) and some newer 2003's Latiitude D600 (1,4GHz/768 RAM/40GB, wiith no screen, as a gateway).. No DuoCores hi-tech  machines exactly. Good luck all  Vectorians -IT  USE TO WORK AT LAST
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 12:57:54 am »

Happy to know you but at the same time feeling sad too as you mentioned you have cancer...... Cry
Wish you get well soon....
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 06:40:34 am »

Sorry to hear about your illness. I hope you go into a very long remission and can enjoy VectorLinux for many more years.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: