Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: That's done: another VL user  (Read 1417 times)

demigaucher

That's done: another VL user
« on: June 21, 2009, 09:42:08 am »
Hi all

Several weeks ago, my first son installed Vector on his Shuttle. He was so satisfied that he installed
it last week on a brand new eeePC 1000 just purchased, wiping away XP (by the way we had to learn
how to install from an USB key, but that was not a serious problem); the sound still does not work
but I'm pretty sure this will soon be solved.

And what could be foreseable occured: my second son, having observed first with curiosity, and then
with interest   :o  his brother accomplish successfully the migration, did the same on his old Dell inspiron.
We have now three computers happily  8)  running VL6.0: good bye Ad-aware and Spybot (let them be
thanked anyway for the enormous help they provided), good bye antivirus, good bye BSOD, good bye
defrag'. In a word: good bye Mr Gates (don't want to try Linux, by the way ?   :D )

And once again, thanks to all the VL staff: VL is steadily going up distrowatch's list, and it is well deserved.

Demigaucher, from the french Alps
old P3 @ 700 MHz, VL6.0 gold

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
Re: That's done: another VL user
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 09:56:42 am »
Nice to heard VL work fine for you. :)

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 11:02:45 am »
demigaucher,

If they're not already using them, your might tell your kids about Simutrans (http://www.simutrans.com/) and Blender (http://www.blender.org/).  I am adviser to a youth group in which these games/programs are very popular.

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511

demigaucher

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 01:39:36 pm »
Hi Sledgehammer

Thanks, I'll tell them (although only one of them is a player of that
sort of games).

Demigaucher