Back when I started with vector, on 5.8 I think... I asked alot of dumb questions about desktop customization.
Now that I'm back to vector, I re-installed vector over my old vector hard drive and I don't for the life of me remember how to do a few things...
I set up all this stuff before ages ago (with help from this forum) but promptly forgot how to do that stuff as soon as it worked...
1) Someone here helped me before, to create a ramdisk and a desktop shortcut to the ramdisk. I used this all the time for a temp directory
of sorts, downloading files to it, saving temp files I was working on or whatever... I got very used to using it all the time and now I can't
remember how to create a ramdisk, automount it and have the desktop icon to access it...
2) Similar question, but I'd like to automount the cd-rom, floppy and each hard drive at bootup, then have a desktop icon to access each one.
3) How do I make GkreLLm system monitor automatically load each time the system starts?
4) How can I modify the background and text colors of the command prompt, I thought it was "schema" but I can't find these settings in vector 6.0 at all? How can I set the thing to be sort of transparent, like I see in many linux screenshots?
5) Where do I set the system fonts and does linux just use regular TTF fonts that I can grab from anywhere on the net?
6) What is the file format, or common sizes/colors and format for icons, and where should they be stored, or can I just create
any directory I like and store them there? Does anyone have any good suggestions for sites for linux icons? Is there a common
icon editor for linux like the many there is for windows?
7) Is there a way to setup an incoming telnet answerer but to start a dos bbs package to answer, I mean I know how to do this in windows and the command line but is this possible to have a linux telnet server which answers the port 23 and then starts a dosbox
session with a dos bbs package? Strange question I know, but I'm interested in setting up a dos bbs package for tradewars and fidonet and some other retro stuff. I know people are running linux bbs packages, but I wondered if setting up an old dos package is possible with vectorlinux. Having trouble trying to install the bbs software in my virtualwin xp machine, freezes on the install for some reason...
Sorry so many questions, I'm off to read more docs and customize the desktop as best I can...