Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Virtualbox and windows xp...?  (Read 827 times)

• Vectorian
Virtualbox and windows xp...?
« on: July 02, 2009, 08:20:29 am »

I just re-installed my vector box and have been playing with windows xp in virtual box. It works, but I was curious of something... If I have a fat 16, fat 32 or windows xp formated hard drive, and I add that hard drive to this machine, can I get the xp install in virtual box to read the hard drive as and write to it?

I guess my point is, I'd rather have one real hard drive dedicated to windows than have a virtual hard drive that I might lose data from or be unable to copy data off of to another machine.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts or advice on this as I am working on some projects for work that may require huge amounts of data being transferred, I'd rather just pop out my hard drive and take it to work with me for the data transfers...

If this would work, it would make my life soooo much easier.

Thank you all in advance for you help and suggestions...

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Virtualbox and windows xp...?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 08:24:45 am »

If you use VirtualBox, there is a checkbox under the hard disks settings that you can check to enabled phisical disks.
I have never tried this, but I would think it is possible.