VectorLinux
October 30, 2014, 09:56:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: all new math articles by me  (Read 1620 times)
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« on: August 13, 2008, 11:16:43 pm »

PlanetMath is mostly graduate level and I'm not all there yet, plus it has a few pricks, so all my new math articles are on math.wikia.com

Here's my contribution thus far

De Morgan's laws
Dijkstra's algorithm (reasonably complete, I just have to change a few things ... it's still way better than my PlanetMath article on the same)
Prim's algorithm
Proof of Prim's algorithm
Uniform cost search

My interests' applicability to artificial intelligence is very fortunate. I should add something on probability this week. Smiley Plus I want to get the Ford-Fulkerson algorithm out of the way since learning about network flows is kind of a nightmare.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 11:19:26 pm by Epic Fail Guy » Logged

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
Colonel Panic
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 01:48:43 pm »

These look interesting. I got a pretty mediocre pass in my Pure Maths option at uni (I studied it for three years), but I still keep an interest in the subject. The trouble is though that studying mathematical topics can be very demanding and time-consuming so I tend to limit it quite severely and perhaps look at recreational maths books and topics rather than anything too "heavy."

Here's a forum I belong to and sometimes browse;

http://math.eretrandre.org/tetrationforum/index.php

Tetration is the next mathematical operation in the series which starts with addition, multiplication and exponentiation. The mathematics concerning how it behaves, though, haven't been worked out to a conclusive result as of yet so it's still an interesting topic.

What I can say though is that the numbers get big very quickly! For example, 3t3 = 3^(3^3)
=3^27 which is about 7.62559748 × 10^12.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:42:40 pm by Colonel Panic » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: