VectorLinux
October 24, 2014, 03:07:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solved:Gslapt on drugs?  (Read 1091 times)
OldNoob

« on: July 01, 2009, 11:54:22 am »

Hi, i like VL6 very much it's a great leap forward, everything except autoupdate works fine, there's a strange issue of up-downgrading of some packages.
Latest example Firefox was to be upgraded from version 3.10 to 3.5, worked nice! Next day time for another upgrade? Now gslapt want to go to firefox 3.10??? Yeah ok. Next day it want to upgrade to 3.11, wow improvement here!!!
Now i manually upgraded firefox and i feel that the fun part comes after next reboot, be back after. Roffe Smiley
Hi i'm back again and yep gslapt really can't wait to "upgrade" to 3.11 WTF??? I also tried with deleting cached packet files, but same shit. Roffe Huh
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 03:08:59 pm by OldNoob » Logged
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 12:38:36 pm »

I think this is just one more case of the troublesome priorities in your software source lines.
Look in your /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc file for keywords like "PREFERRED" and "OFFICIAL"
remove any similar keyword at the end of each repo line and you should be fine.

OldNoob

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 03:07:46 pm »

Thanks mucho for the fast help.
That did it, seemed like a constipated dog finally got relieved when a lot of upgrades came up totally 27Mb nice!
Well almost, something happened with the icons in menubar i think xfcerelated part of upgrades.
Opera downgraded and bookmarks lost but that's life, i will fix that later.
Who said computers are boring? Grin Roffe
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 04:18:13 pm »

OldNoob: be careful while upgrading with testing enabled.
Try this command as root for the Xfce icons:

Code:
/usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache -f -t /usr/share/icons/hicolor

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: